Pages

Thursday 12 February 2015

Why isn't Payday 3 being created?

This is to those Payday 2 players out there.  Being a fellow level "V-100" I understand how quickly we lose interest in the game sometimes.  Wondering when the next Infamous level will come out, new heists, masks, or whatever.  But a comment on the Steam Payday 2 Overkill DLC page caught my eye.  It spoke about how Overkill continues to create new DLC for Payday 2, but shows no signs of making the next sequel.  The player was wondering when Payday 3 would be announced.

See more below.

My personal thoughts are that there is nothing wrong with the game Payday 2.  Sure, there are a few hidden bugs that they will fix over time, but generally nothing wrong with the mechanics.  There is no way to make a better game while keeping the general Payday style with the forced co-operative teamwork.  It is way easier to just create more content than another whole stand-alone game.  I'm sure that the Overkill company is always open to suggestions though.  If you wish to e-mail their support team or something.

I do not think that Payday 3 will be released any time soon but if you are waiting for another Overkill game, you're in luck.  I was browsing the Overkill official website a few days ago and I found a few things.  One of the things that I found is that Overkill is currently creating two different stand-alone games. A game named "Storm" which takes place in the future coming out in 2017, and "Overkill's The Walking Dead" game if you were a fan of the show.  "Overkill's The Walking Dead" will be releasing in 2016.

I am thinking that these two new games will have similar mechanics as Payday 2 with the forced teamwork.  Storm may be more on the action side, and The Walking Dead I feel will be more of the stealth part.  I'm sure that The Walking Dead will cause you to conserve all your resources, but personally that is something I'm interested in.

If you are interested in either Storm or Overkill's The Walking Dead, just click the links built in to the title to see the official page about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment